I will plan and set up your WordPress author website, including:
- Selecting an appropriate template or a review of templates you have already selected.
- Developing a plan for site’s architecture: pages, blog posts, sidebar elements, etc. and then gathering information and adding to the new site.
- Building pages, setting up your site
- An hour-long WordPress training session via Skype (or in-person if local to Seattle)
Some websites I have created:
and, of course, abigailcarter.com
I’m adept at translating technical speak into regular people speak, having spent years writing copy for websites (directional, marketing, functional) such as Audible.com, Writer.ly, and Bibliocrunch. I’ve also written how-to guides for WordPress, Scrivener and formatting an eBook. I’ve also written many blog posts for Writerly’s info site Indiepubchat.com.
Finished writing a book, but have no idea what your next steps are? I can hold your hand and walk you through the process, either doing some the of the tasks (such as formatting your book) or finding someone who can, getting you set up with ISBNs, an author website, whatever you might need to move your book project from a dusty manuscript to a beautifully printed book.
Have you gotten stuck writing your memoir? Can’t figure out your theme? I can provide clarity and direction for your project in a 1-2 hr consultation.
Invite me to speak to your group
Topics I speak on:
- Getting started with memoir
- Author website essentials using WordPress
- Various aspects of self-publishing
- Memoir writing process
- Grief and Loss
- Dating after loss